When Allie challenged me to this “50 Things About You” post, my first thought was “holy crap that’s a lot of things.” Then I put my big girl panties on and decided to do it, because like she said in her own 50 Things post, I cave easily to peer pressure. So today, because it is a Wednesday and I love you, I’m going to brighten your day with an extremely narcissistic post that’s all about me. What else is new?
1. What are you wearing? Gray yoga pants that are covered in cat hair and a messy ponytail. No top. JK, I’m wearing a top, but it seemed cooler not to mention it.
2. Ever been in love? Well I mean I married some guy soooo let’s go with yes.
3. Ever had a terrible breakup? Unfortunately yes.
4. How tall are you? 5’9”. I am a giant from the Amazon.
5. How much do you weigh? Hey there personal, no way no how am I about to tell you.
6. Any tattoos? No, but I really want one. I have the prettiest outline of a hummingbird picked out, and I think I want it right below that sticky-outy bone at the top of my spine (you know the one). My nana and I are so close, and hummingbirds are her very favorite animal, so I think it would be a very special way to honor her and feel close to her. But I have the pain threshold of a toddler and Andy doesn’t want me to get a tattoo, so I have yet to do it.
7. Any piercings? My ears, but nothing cooler to report.
8. OTP (one true pair, favorite fictional couple)? Chandler and Monica, Troy and Abed, Sun and Jin, the Wendy’s girl and her pretzel bun.
9. Favorite show? THIS IS SO HARD (#twss). In no particular order: Nashville, Community, The Big Bang Theory, Parks and Rec, Happy Endings, Honey Boo Boo, The Bachelor, The Mindy Project, SHARK WEEK.
10. Favorite bands? This is even harder (double #twss). The Eagles, probably. I love them so much. But then like, do single artists count? Where does Kelly Clarkson stand re: “bands,” because she’s pretty dadgum near the top of my list. And Reba McEntire. And all Broadway showtunes ever. And the Avett Brothers.
11. Something you miss? When Taco Bueno served Diet Coke instead of Diet Pepsi. It’s like nothing is sacred to people these days.
12. Favorite song? I’m stealing Allie’s response: “LOL. No way I can pick a favorite song if I can’t even pick a favorite band.”
13. How old are you? 25
14. Zodiac sign? Aries
15. Quality you look for in a partner? Well this got serious fast. Ummm I guess I’ll say what made me realize I wanted to marry Andy, because that’s basically the same thing. I knew he was the one because we are totally and completely best friends. We can have tons of fun together but also be serious together. Plus he’s got a great ass.
16. Favorite Quote? “Happiness is not something you postpone for the future. It is something you design for the present.”
17. Favorite actor? Do you mean for looking at or for talent? For talent Meryl Streep, Woody Harrelson, Edward Norton and Jennifer Lawrence. For looking at…Chris Pine, both Hemsworths, Theo James.
18. Favorite color? Turquoise
19. Loud music or soft? This is completely situational. During rush hour or parties? Loud. When I’m lost in the car or trying to actually speak to another human? Soft.
20. Where do you go when you’re sad? Wherever my mom is.
21. How long does it take you to shower? What kind of question is this? This feels really intimate. Ugh, all right. It depends on if I’m washing my hair and/or shaving my legs. Average shower times may vary from 5 – 20 minutes. Thank you for your cooperation.
22. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning? It takes me an hour and 15 minutes to become naturally beautiful every morning.
23. Ever been in a physical fight? ….does stage combat count?
24. Turn on? Three+ glasses of wine.
25. Turn off? Someone who is unhappy, or has a generally pessimistic worldview.
26. The reason I started blogging? I was bored and Andy told me I should write because I needed a hobby after wedding planning ended.
27. Fears? Spiders, murderers lurking in my house, wolves hiding behind my shower curtain who jump out and eat me when I sit down to pee, drowning.
28. Last thing that made you cry? The other night when some b*tch rear-ended me and didn’t stop to exchange information.
29. Last time you said you loved someone? I really want to tell you I most recently said this to my husband, but it was in fact to the cats when I left the house this morning.
30. Meaning behind the name of your blog? Well I figured all those people telling me how hard marriage would be were probably an indicator that it would be a learning process, that I would therefore always be improving (or at least trying).
31. Last book you read? The Hunger Games – Mockingjay (I know, I’m late to the party), and then tonight I finished Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone – my first time reading it!
32. The book you’re currently reading? Legend by Marie Lu, Goldfinch by Donna Tartt.
33. Last show you watched? E! News (guilty).
34. Last person you talked to? My husband because apparently he lives here too.
35. The relationship between you and the person you last texted? Blogging besties.
36. Favorite food? Oh Lord how much time do you have? Tacos, cheese, pinot grigio, queso, chips and salsa, boneless buffalo wings, hummus…I could go on for hours.
37. Place you want to visit? Okay again, how much time do you have? Iceland, Greece, Italy, France, Spain, Thailand, Switzerland, Amsterdam, Vancouver, San Luis Obispo, North Carolina, Australia, South Africa… Basically if it is a country in this world, I want to go to there.
38. Last place you were? My car during rush hour. My life is so glamorous.
39. Do you have a crush? On Theo James, yes. No one tell my husband.
40. Last time you kissed someone? My husband, but he tried to push me away. What’s so gross about kissing with a breakfast sandwich in your mouth?
41. Last time you were insulted? Probably right now while you’re reading this thinking “OMG she’s disgusting.”
42. Favorite flavor of sweet? Skittles and Twizzlers.
43. What instruments do you play? Hahahaha that’s cute. I don’t play any instruments, nor would you want me to try, but I can sing.
44. Favorite piece of jewelry? Two rings (other than my wedding ring): one that Nana just recently gave me, and my great-grandmother’s wedding ring.
45. Last sport you played? Bocce ball. Although the term “sport” is debatable.
46. Last song you sang? Funny you ask because Andy and I have been singing Landslide by Stevie Nicks/Fleetwood Mac back and forth to each other all night.
47. Favorite chat up line? Someone please explain to me what a “chat up” line is so I can answer this question. Who made this prompt, are you foreign?
48. Have you ever used it? No comprendo.
49. Last time you hung out with anyone? Monday night at blogger happy hour with the friends I’m about to tag below.