HI FRIENDS I’M BACK and I know, you’re like so totally happy about it (just feign enthusiasm if you’re not feeling it, it’ll make me feel good). It’s been forever since I’ve shown my face around these parts and for that I apologize. But if it helps, I’ve got a great excuse – I spent near two full weeks in the majestic, snowy wilderness of Colorado with Andy and his wonderful family. More on that later, I promise. So do you forgive me for my quite rude absence? Great. Let’s get on with this show.
Because there’s no time like the present…or five days after the fact…to join your blogger friends’ awesome link-up party, today I’m joining Juliette and Amber in discussing my possibly-maybe-definitely-gonna-happen predictions for 2015.
1. Harry Styles splits from One Direction and lands an even more enigmatic international phenom status with his impending solo career. I saw the band perform on tv on NYE and let’s be real, his voice is far and above the best of the group. Plus I think he could be really attractive if he’d just shower and wash his hair every so often.
Realistic potential: 100%
2. Kourtney Kardashian pops out 11 more babies.
Realistic potential: 5% because obstetric and gynecological science (though you’ll see I *did* leave a window for miracle babies)
3. Speaking of babies…I conceive and give birth to octuplets. Just kidding!
Realistic potential: hopefully very low
4. I teach Andy to use the voice recording tool on his new iPhone 6. It’s how I do everything from drafting posts and updating my grocery list to jotting down mental notes about my book on the fly. He should know how this magical tool works, I just hope I can sell him on the feature’s usefulness.
Realistic potential: 90%
5. Andy and I will travel abroad. It’s happening, I swear. We’ve been saving both our dollars and our vacation days, and now it’s just a matter of deciding London/Paris/Amsterdam or London/Dublin/Scottish Highlands. I’m leaning toward the latter for several reasons, the first being that I’m undeniably obsessed with Outlander and have every intention of running away with James Alexander Malcolm Mackenzie Fraser. The second being that for Christmas, my wonderful mother and father-in-law bought a square foot of land under my name in a Scottish nature reserve. I technically own land in the Scottish Highlands. Did you read that? I AM A LAND OWNER AND BY TITLE A LADY. A lady of Scotland, Glencoe to be exact. Lady Lindsay Hess of Glencoe, Scotland. Not that gift-giving is a competition, but Terri and Steve won.
Realistic potential: 100%
6. I will begin querying my novel. If you’re unfamiliar with the term “querying” it basically just means pitching. Newbie novelist writes book, revises book, revises book some more, revises book so much his/her eyes bleed and he/she doubts any semblance of talent he/she may or may not have ever had, decides that this is it and the book can’t possibly get any better, then pitches book to literary agents in hopes of garnering representation and down the road a publishing deal. Phew. There is still a lot of work to be done with all those aforementioned revising steps (seriously, like so much), but I’m going to do it. My goal is to work my butt off revising all spring, then query by the summer. Y’all hold me to that, okay?
Bonus prediction: Andy predicts that his 2015 gas bill will be significantly higher since I wrote this whole post while sitting next to this:
What do you predict will happen this year?
—The Wife in Training